Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Using the Rocket Stove - Finally

By Sara:

After much trial and error and research, I managed to get my rocket stove to work.  My first success was with biscuits.




After that, however, I figured out that there was an even better way.  I changed the place where you put the firewood so that the wood goes down into the place where it burns instead of straight in.  This made for a much hotter fire with less smoke.  The water started boiling very quickly this time.



I hard boiled duck eggs and therefore also learned that it is REALLY hard to get the peel off of fresh, boiled duck eggs.  I actually ended up breaking them in half and scooping the boiled egg out with a spoon.  But now I know.  Use duck eggs for baking or as fried/scrambled eggs.

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever noticed this with your chicken eggs? I've heard that fresh eggs, hard/soft boiled, are hardest to peel; slightly older eggs are much easier. I've never tested it scientifically, but it's always seemed true in my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete