Wednesday, November 23, 2016

TV Show Recommendation - #1 Ladies Detective Agency

By Anthony:

If you want to get a taste of what modern African life is like, we recommend to you the show (only 1 season long), the #1 Ladies Detective Agency.  It is based on the books by Alexander McCall Smith.  It's a long series of books.  I've only read one, but I think Sara has read them all and she really enjoys them.  It's about a lady who sets up a private detective agency in Botswana.  She does things like tracking down missing husbands or solving thefts as well as other crazy things I won't tell you about.

It's an HBO show and is really well done in every way.  It has great music, filming, scenery, and acting.  It will help to take away some of your misconceptions about African life.  Yes there are wild animals in Africa in national parks, but that is not what most of Africa is like.  In the show, you'll also see people walking around with cell phones, driving cars, shopping at malls, etc.  For the average American who has never been to Africa, this will help you to picture what it is truly like today.

This show has great stories and you will find it very funny as well.  Even if you don't have a special interest in Africa you can really enjoy this show.


3 comments:

  1. I love the books. I will have to look for the DVD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the books. I will have to look for the DVD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really is a great show. I second the recommendation! :-)

    ReplyDelete