Friday, July 18, 2014

Thank you for your financial support!

Philippians 4:10-20
10 I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. 11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
14 Yet it was good of you to share in my troubles. 15 Moreover, as you Philippians know, in the early days of your acquaintance with the gospel, when I set out from Macedonia, not one church shared with me in the matter of giving and receiving, except you only; 16 for even when I was in Thessalonica, you sent me aid more than once when I was in need. 17 Not that I desire your gifts; what I desire is that more be credited to your account. 18 I have received full payment and have more than enough. I am amply supplied, now that I have received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent. They are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God. 19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
20 To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

As the church in Philippi supported Paul, many churches and individuals, all of you, have supported us.  As Paul said, we are "amply supplied."  Your gifts to support our ministry "are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God."   It's wonderful thinking that your giving accomplishes three things:
1. Primarily, it is part of your worship to God.
2. It is a great blessing to us, allowing us to be here.
3. It is a blessing to the people we are teaching and serving in Uganda.  

We wanted to give you an update about our financial support status.  Paying for our night guard and day workers here was a bit more than we had budgeted for.  We wish we could live more simply without having to pay for these positions, but standing out as white people here makes them necessary, and it is good that we are providing well-paying jobs for people.   With your current pledges of support we calculate that we will still be receiving enough money to cover our expenses.  Thank you all so much for your generosity, especially those who are giving to us regularly every month.  We could not be here without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment